Terms, Conditions and Guidelines
Who can rent our cars?
– has a valid driver license for at least 1 year
– (when less than 1 year, contact us for possibilities)
and which driver’s license has been given out by a country that has agreed to – or has a ratification of the Vienna Convention on Road Traffic – 1968.
What do I need to rent a car from Horizon?
– Permanent address in any country, Valid ID-card or passport, valid drivers license
– When living in Bulgaria, we need the full address: Street, Block (or house-)number, Entrance, Floor and apartment number, so, no just only Street and Block. Still we also need your home address in your country.
What is included in the price?
– unlimited kilometers *
– Up to 2 extra drivers
– Pick Up and Drop Off in whole Sofia, incl. Airport, Railway-/Bus station, hotel etc.**
– Road Tax and Vignet
– Full Casco Insurance with full Waiver (No own risc)
– Road Assistance
– Airport Charge
– Our excellent service and smile
* For cross-bordering there is a limit of 300km/day.
** Preferred Pick Up:
For € 7,- we offer free delivery of the car at your place but only between
09:30 – 16:00 and 19:00 – 21:30
What is excluded?
Any damage when:
– caused deliberate or by misbehavior or reckless driving of the renter
– after using alcohol of drugs
– another driver, not on the rental agreement, was driving the car
– after unnecessarily driving on rough terrain and/or unpaived roads
– Damage to the interior of the car
– (Traffic -) fines
– Loss of keys or documents
In case of Theft:
– the car was not locked
– the alarm was not activated
– documents were left in the car
– you can’t provide the key
After an accident you will always need call the Traffic Police and have a written document by them. When this document is not present all damage will be at your own expenses.!!
When the car comes back very dirty inside a charge of max. € 15,- for extra cleaning can be in place.
Can we drive with the car to another country?
– Yes, cross border is allowed. but not to all countries and there are extra and other rules.
– Countries that are fully excluded: Kosovo, Turkey
– Countries that are partly excluded: Albania (some roads),
– Countries that are allowed: Greece, Romania, Serbia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia and all other EU-countries
– A one time fee is applicable. This fee is € 45,- and also covers road assistance.
– When cross-bordering the kilometers are limited to average 300km/day. This will be more than enough to make f.i. a great tour through the Balkan countries, like: Sofia – Skopje – Tirana – Dubrovnik – Sarajevo – Belgrade – Sofia (total ~ 1.800km).
Extra kilometers cost € 0,05/km.
You rent the Toyota Yaris for 3 days. You drive 1.800km.
Extra costs to be paid: 900km. à 0.05 = € 45,00
You rent the Kia Sportage for 5 days. You drive 3.300km.
Extra costs to be paid: 1800km. à 0.05 = € 90,00
You rent the Ford Focus for 8 days. You drive 2400km.
There are no extra costs.
Can we pay the rent with a Credit Card?
Yes, when you choose to pay through Paypal. In this case major Credit Cards are accepted.
No, when you choose to pay upon arrival, in which case you can only pay by cash
Can we drop the car off in another town?
However, We can/will drop you off anywhere in Sofia at no extra costs
What happens when I/we get a fine?
You can either be stopped by the police or the police can send a notification about a fine (ticket).
When you are stopped and pay the fine directly, all is settled. Horizon won’t get a notification.
When we get a notification for a ticket we will send this notification to you and request to pay it through Paypal within 3 days. We’ll pay the (traffic-) police on your behalf and all is settled.
Costs of fines/tickets after the rental period!!
Be aware that it can take up to years before we get notified that you got a fine/ticket.
we’ll send a copy of the notification of a fine/ticket to you by email with the request to pay within a week to our bank- or Paypal account. This period is strict.
Receiving the amount in time means that we will pay the fine on your behalf. In other cases we’ll hand the copy of your ID and Drivers License to the Traffic Police who will take it further.
Fines are increasing per notification. The second notification comes in a few weeks after each other and the fines are every time higher.
Mind that we increase the fine with 3.5% costs Paypal and € 10,- to cover for our costs.
After your booking through the site you should get a confirmation email from the booking system.
In case you haven’t received the confirmation:
– check your spam-folder. Sometimes it shows up in there.
– doublecheck the email you provided.
– Contact us at email@example.com or call: 0879 466 408
In the confirmation mail you find the instructions for providing documents needed and for the pick up/drop off.
Mind that Preferred Pick Up is only between 09:30 – 21:30 and only when the documents are received.
When we haven’t received the documents a few days before the rental period, we will send out a reminder to the email provided. We don’t call. When we don’t get a reaction we (might) assume that somebody tried to be funny and made a fake-reservation and cancel the reservation in our system.
Horizon Client Reward Program
When renting a car with us you become part of the Horizon Client Reward Program and can save on future rentals.
How does it work:
Example: 1st. time rent: you rented a car from us from 03/03/2018 08:00 – 06/03/2018 22:00, 4 days. The price is according the 2 – 5 days range and these days will be written on your Clients Card and you built up 4 days. Next time these 4 days will be counting towards the price per day range.
2nd time rent: you rent again a car with us from 28/03/03/2019 09:00 – 31/03/2019 21:00, 4 days. Together with the previous rent you rent(ed) in totally 8 days and the price per day will be in the 6 – 14 day range, making your rental much cheaper.
The Horizon Reward Program is not valid for the 1-day range.
Maximum granted within the Horizon Client Reward Program is the 15 – 30 day range.
Days built up ……….
– Will stay for the next 2 year (730 days, not calendar years)
– are personal
– can’t be given to other renters
– will only be used with future rental days
– will never be paid out.